Friday, September 11, 2009

shower buddies

I could have titled this post "secrets of a stay-at-home mom" because I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Really, it's not a big deal, and I know there's several moms out there who have done the same thing.

So... it's 4:00pm and I haven't showered yet for the day. (I did an extra workout video before picking up Nathan from school, instead of showering while the boys were napping.) Now, I don't know about you, but I like to be "put together" when the hubby gets home. How many of you do those dishes that you put off earlier (to read a book...)? Pick up clothes off the floor or make the bed? Straighten up the living room? I don't know, but I bet there's a lot of little things that get done right before the spouse gets home. Maybe it's just me, but there's a little bit of pride in looking like you've got it together, and I know they appreciate it as well. (I guess there are days when it's best to leave everything a mess so they know what kind of day you had...)
So anyway, I'm still a mess by late afternoon. I don't want to wait for Alex to get home before I get cleaned up, especially on a Friday night. But what about Big O? He already had his nap, and I can't take my eyes off him (even for 3 minutes). The solution: Take him in the bathroom with me. (Nathan and Jared were busy watching a video.) I took a few toys and set him just outside the shower. I'd take a quick shower while leaving the door open a crack so I could see what he's doing. So that was going great, until Big O peeked his head in, and about mid-shampoo, he crawled right in the shower with me! He didn't mind getting wet. He just sat in there, clothes and all, smiling up at me as he got wet. A shower is always more fun with a buddy right? (I think he did get some shampoo in his eye, and he had to sit there wet while I got the camera - poor guy).

Hi Mama!


We were all "put together" by the time Da-da got home...
Hi Da-da!

We're all ready for movie night... except that he wanted to mow the yard when he got home. Oh well... at least now I could post this blog!

4 comments:

Debora said...

It's amazing the things we take pictures of and post :)Years ago, I had that same plan- now my problem is that Ron gets home before me :)

Alabama Apples said...

I totally hear you...many things happen as the time ticks down...Cute little Owen! Thanks for the smile!

Anonymous said...

I love this post!! I would have to admit many of those things as well... I'm not sure of many mom's who wouldn't. Your little Owen is too cute. I love how "smiley" he is. You looked great, btw...even if it was for Alex just to mow the yard!!

whitney said...

It's so nice to know that it's not just me...all of it really. From the quick pick-up to the 4:00pm showering...to the inattentive lawn-mowing hubby.

Let's just say I can relate.