Saturday, February 27, 2010

Duet?

Am I crazy? I'm singing a duet in church tomorrow. Let's see... when was the last time I sang a duet? Ummm... never. But I have sung in small groups. At least it's not a solo, but heaven help me... Let's just hope I don't start crying or laughing during the middle of it. I'm remembering back to when I sang with my sisters at my brother's mission farewell. I think it was me that got emotional and started crying and I think I snorted. I can't recall exactly if that was the case, but something got us laughing. Laughing, crying, and singing at the same time doesn't work. I guess my consolation with this time is knowing that I probably sing better than 90% of our ward... there's some really good singers, but not as many as there were back in my ward growing up, so maybe it won't be as intimidating. We'll see.

5 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I'm sure you'll sing beautifully! My mom is here in FL and she's singing in my ward tomorrow. There's nothing better than hearing a lovely voice. :)

Annie said...

Well, it's done and it went pretty well. I didn't really have a chance to get all nervous. One moment I was wrestling with the boys in the pew and the next moment, I was up singing. (Owen looked a little anxious that he didn't go with me, but he accepted fruit snacks while I was singing...)

Krista said...

Nice job, Annie! The first duet I sang in sacrament meeting I started laughing when I started, hid behind the pulpit and Giselle carried the rest of the song - I never came back in. Hahaha!!! The last time I sang a duet in sacrament meeting, I cried and almost never finished. I'm trying again in April and I'm already a little nervous!

Alabama Apples said...

I'm sure you were beautiful!!!

Debbie said...

You sounded great, Annie. I felt the same way, wrestling with my kiddoes. Aren't fruit snacks the greatest distractor of all time!