Friday, February 12, 2010

Farewell friend...


Well, we sold it today. It feels like we're saying good-bye to a good friend. We sent her off to get a new "heart". We sold her for a mere $300, but since it needed a new head gasket, we figured we better take what we can get. I can almost hear the car saying, "They just like me fer my body!" A mechanic bought her, so I think she's going to get a 2nd chance at life, keeping the body. All joking aside, we did take her for a good ride. We bought her the week before we got married, and both Alex and I learned how to drive a standard on this car. Whew! That brings back some memories... it took me a good 3 months to learn how to drive it. Poor Alex had to learn in one week and then drive it through Denver and through the mountains of CO (the week of our honeymoon). We weren't sure she would make it up some of those roads. We were a one car family in Houston, through grad school, and it came with us back to OK. We brought Nathan and Jared home from the hospital in this car. Some great memories... farewell good friend!

Oh, and I think maybe she didn't want to come to CA with us... she's an okie at heart...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I cried when I had to sell my first car.... I understand but just remember she's going to a good home! :)

The Purtle's said...

ahhh...I remember that car...it makes me sad she's gone too! I'm way too sentimental about cars though....

whitney said...

That's so great it's to a mechanic, though, so it really will get a second life...or at least parts of it will ;)