Sunday, February 13, 2011

heart-y busy week

Monday baking



weekly craft - Nathan made valentines for all of his classmates and teachers (I think we made 32).  The boys loved doing the car ones because they got to run cars through brown paint (we made sure to use the ones we didn't care if they got ruined...OU ones mostly...they did wash up pretty good).  The wheels were a spool dipped in paint.  Owen had it all over his face by the time he was done.  I thought the owls were pretty cute.  I don't know if you can see what's written on the one-eyed monsters... "I've got my eye on you."  Most of these were not original ideas by me except the frog "I'm hoppy to be your friend!"  (Thank goodness for on-line resources, because it's hard to be truly creative these days.)  I don't remember where I got the original ideas, but we adapted them all a bit.


Joy school was at my house this week - letter M.  We made muffins, with marshmallows and milk, counted M&M's, made little mice and letter M mouse, colored M books, read Curious George (monkey) and moon books, and sang about the monkeys jumping on the bed.  We were glad that Marielle could join us.  Even though it's just the two of them (and Owen) right now, I don't mind preparing special activities for special kids.



It was a gorgeous week (sorry snowed in folks...) so we went to the park on Friday afternoon.  The boys sported their new sunglasses - I was surprised that Weston kept them on.  He's a pretty cool dude, who just turned 7 months old (but already weighs about 19 lbs.).



Saturday we had some van problems, but were still able to go to the temple since a friend watched Jared and Nathan for a good portion of the day.  We took Owen and Weston with us in the car (instead of all of them in the van). 


And Sunday, our church day and day of "rest" (no true rest for parents).  Here we are in semi-valentines attire, although I think I could post this again for the 4th of July and you wouldn't know the difference... 



(Mom, does the skirt look familiar??)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute picture Annie! Looks like alot of fun!

Alison said...

Way to go...love all the fun activities! And great pics!

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...

Where is that tree that Owen is sitting in? I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Ask Micah, I have some weird thing with trees...And that is my kind of tree! :)

Mary Kalree said...

M is for Mega-post! You may credit the internet for your clever ideas, but you are one busy lady keeping all those boys baking, crafting, and learning.

Ron said...

Sorry, Alison, you most likely inherited that tree thing from me. Where is that tree. It's awesome!

Amanda said...

You've been sooo busy! I'm glad you find the time to blog and help inspire the rest of us! :)