Saturday, June 18, 2011

future 6'1" ?


I've heard to predict a child's adult height, you should double their height at 2.5 years.  If that's true, then Owen may be 6'1 or 6'2.  He's almost 37" now.  Looking at on-line height predictors though, most of them estimate 5'11 - likely based on my height (5'5.5) and Alex (5'11.5).  They say that 70% is based on heredity and the other 30% is environmental factors (like exercise and eating habits).

While most predicted 5'11 for all the boys, www.babycenter.com predicted Owen's height as 6'0.  Another website (can't remember which one now) had slightly different heights - 5'11.5 for Nathan, 5'9.3 for Jared, and 5'11.6 for Owen.  That seems the most fitting to me, as I think Jared is a little bit shorter for his age than Nathan and Jared.

Anyway, we'll let you know in about 15.5 years if the prediction for Owen was right...   :)

2 comments:

Jason and Lissa said...

I hope it's not true! Kiera was 36.25 inches at her 2-year check-up (I didn't measure her at 2.5). I don't think she'd enjoy being 6+ feet tall--she'd never get a date!

Annie said...

Jason and Lissa, there's different estimates for girls. I tried the babycenter.com predictor, guessing on Kiera's weight and your heights and came up with 5'9. Still a pretty tall girl.