Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mr. Weston

Sunday brought some laughs because of  Mr. Weston... on the way home from church, I gave him a Nutrigrain bar to snack on.   Bad idea.  When I went to bring him in, I saw this...


I debated what to do... clean him off and risk waking this snoozing gem (he hadn't napped all day) or just leave him sleeping in the carseat?  I knew he wouldn't stay asleep very long in there AND he's so heavy to carry in the seat.  So I had to ever so carefully clean him off.  I did it.  This is talent folks.  :)  His toes, by the way, were the only part of him that were still clean.  After his little snooze in the car seat, he still transferred to his bed.    



We also had fun at church.  During the 3rd hour, he was active as usual, not wanting to be held.  I let him get down and explore a little.  I had a hard time keeping him away from the purses on the floor - I particularly wanted to keep him away from the Vera Wang purse (aren't those expensive?).  He was entertained by another baby's car seat for a while, but then he spit up all over it.  Just as I got done wiping it up the best I could, the next thing I saw was a pantless baby standing there.  Weston had somehow crawled right out of his pants.  He looked so funny standing there with no pants.  As hard as I tried, I couldn't hold it together - it just sparked a laugh inside (and my friend next to me) and I had to scoop him up and leave before I made an outburst.  I rushed out of there, redfaced and dying of laughter inside.  I felt bad for the lady who was in the middle of sharing her tender feelings about her son on a mission.  I know we were quite the distraction; someone clear on the other side of the room later mentioned she wished she'd had a camera.  And it wasn't even that funny, but it was just one of those things that sparks a laugh that can't be extinguished.  (It made me think of a Seinfeld episode, the one with Elaine and the PEZ dispenser, about 4:20 into the video).

I love this little messy active boy though - now 11 months old.

4 comments:

A2 said...

Love Mr Weston to pieces!!!

alanna said...

LOVE the post-nutrigrain shots. Priceless. :)

Alison said...

Wow Annie, I think Weston is looking alot like you, not the messiness part, hehe... Love the before and after pics on this experience bytheway. Oh also, Dal cant sit still during the 2nd hour, and he loves to find peoples bags and chew on the straps or on their toes...Grody! The man across from us on Sunday was only egging him on though, he was loving the attention from Dal. We thoroughly had a couple rows of people distracted...I always feel a little bad for the teacher. Cept I'm sure they get used to it... :)

Jason and Lissa said...

Wow. Truly amazing clean up job! :)