Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mom's Day!

The self-timer wasn't too bad... look at the blinking light...


I love these kids!  

I love being a mom, and I am thankful for all of the things my kids teach me.  I am also thankful for my mom and mother-in-law.  I appreciate their kind hearts and the way they love and serve their families.  And thank you to all of the other mothers out there, with or without kids of your own.  Your mother hearts are an example for me!


Alex let me sleep in, and he made me breakfast and dinner - eggs, bacon, and chocolate chunk muffins and then fajitas for dinner.  
Nathan and Jared made a couple of things at school.  Jared gave me a service coupon book.  I had to laugh at some of the coupons.  One of them was a coupon good for "letting us watch a movie" and another was for "making us play outside."   


Nathan wrote a poem, which was quite amusing.  

My Heart Soars

The beauty of your blue eyes
The softness of your red hair
The taste of your key lime pie

Speaks to me

The smell of you making a lovely dinner
The sound of you singing
The strength of your love

Speaks to me

The passion of your blogging
The fullness of the board games we played
The life of fun

They speak to me

My heart soars


My heart soars too.  

No comments: