Friday, May 9, 2014

Other April happenings

Just some random things from April... 

I was on a strict diet for a few weeks - no gluten, no dairy, no egg, no soy, no corn, no peanuts.  I was supposed to eliminate those from my diet for 3 weeks and then introduce 4 of them one week at a time to see if I was intolerant to that food.  I did it for nearly 3 weeks and then Easter came around... and I failed... 
I just couldn't dedicate 7 weeks to this diet right now.  Maybe another time.  However, I did have "fun" experimenting with substitutes in recipes.  The "bread" pictured below was a fail.  I tried to make buns out of oat flour.  It wouldn't rise.  It didn't taste too bad - I didn't hate it... but I wouldn't do them again.  Hamburger just between lettuce tasted better than this strange oat concoction.  

The orange t-shirt picture was an attempt to take a picture of the FOOTPRINT on the bathroom mirror, the mirror above the sink.... HOW did a footprint get up there??  They had to be sitting in the sink!  No one would fess up - the size of it was either Nathan or Jared's.     

Cheerios was on sale!  I got 16 boxes.  Should last us maybe 16 weeks...

Last picture - just a funny one of Weston napping with his "skid" toy.  He thinks it's a squid.  Whatever.  I'm just glad he was resting.  
We had pneumonia go around - Jared, Alex, and Weston got that.  Jared, Owen, and Savannah got ear infections.  We spent quite a bit of time at the doctor in April...blah.


I spent about a month working on Savannah's 1st year scrapbook - it turned out to be 80 pages (12 x 12 size)!  I had to laugh at the unequal distribution of scrapbooks.  Savannah has 3 books, Owen and Weston got 2 books, and poor Jared only has one book.  (Nathan has 2 notebook size scrapbooks.)  I need to re-do Jared's.  With his, I was printing pictures and custom pages from the computer.  Those are already fading, so if you're starting traditional scrapbooking, don't print your pictures on cardstock.  Get actual pictures printed.


Some of my favorite pages from Savannah's books...  I think I have a pretty simple style as far as lay-out and such.  It may not have many fancy embellishments, but I like them.  And it's done.  That feels good.  (The blog books are caught up, baby scrapbooks done - well, maybe not Jared's...  I think my next project is the birthday scrapbooks).   

















This one is pretty special - Savannah with her great grandma!


3 comments:

Debora said...

SUPER CUTE scrapbook pages! Makes me want to get started on my "house" book- but that won't be nearly as cute as Savie. :)

Debora said...

I need to find a few baby pics of you- she's not exactly like you- but similar.

Jessica McKay said...

You are an amazing scrapbooker! I gave up years ago. Now I'm digital all the way. Your pages are so cute.