Sunday, July 27, 2014

Summer fun

Our summer is going by fast!  We have stayed busy enough to not get bored or go crazy.  We established a similar system to last year with the boys having to earn afternoon screen time by playing outside in the morning.  This year there was a 2.5 hour max per afternoon they could earn, and they had an I-pad shift (since we only have two I-pads for sharing).   

It didn't matter what they did outside.  Most of the time they were active, running around, sword fighting, or riding bikes.  Some mornings they were just sitting around playing Pokemon.  Whatever.  Works for me.  

We also have been playing a lot of board games, watching movies, bowling, library reading program & shows, and other outings.  


I have taken the kids bowling at least once a week.  They get 2 games per day for free.  I went ahead and bought $20 bowling shoes online - seemed like a good investment since they should be able to wear these shoes for a while hand-me-down.  Otherwise, we still had to pay $4 each for shoes - no thanks.

Weston only bowled a little bit.  He and Savannah were pretty bored, until I thought of taking the I-pad for them to watch videos on.  That worked pretty well.  The older kids bowled while the younger ones watched "Dora the Explorer".


Alex spent time in the garden and also made several jars of peach and plum jam.  

A hike was in order the weekend after school got out.  Unfortunately, I think this was the only hike so far this summer.


Stay tuned for more summer activities...

No comments: