Tuesday, October 28, 2014

On to September...

I'm slowly getting caught up on the blog...

September was a busy month.  Alex was gone half of it, which always makes things more challenging. Add a puppy into the mix, a special birthday party, race training, and Savannah... :) 

The dog has been pretty tough, since she needs a lot of attention and training - neither of which I have been able to give her.  She jumps all over the kids, especially Weston and Savannah, so I can't send them in the back yard without being right there with them.  She also got sprayed by a skunk (luckily when Alex was here) and she has pooped in her cage a few times.  The boys already mostly lost interest, so the poor dog hasn't gotten much attention.  They still like her though, so they claim.  

As if picture taking wasn't already hard enough... 


Ah...Savannah and Weston.  Becoming quite a pair.  Savannah also requires a lot of attention.  She is in a stage of getting into everything (lots of messes).  She loves my shoes, but she often gets frustrated if they're not working right for her.  She likes to wear hats too.  Both Savannah and Weston like dressing up.  Weston is now playing well with Legos - he often disappears to the Lego room.


So, I have been training for a half marathon - actually for over a year now, since I wasn't ready last year.  With Alex being gone, I didn't want to lose all my training.  So I did my best at still getting out there and running... with buddies.  I even got them all out there a couple of mornings, even the dog.  The dog doesn't run well - too distracted - but the boys think it's fun.  It is hilarious to see the dog running the boys!  Savannah and Weston tolerated some longer runs during the day - although they required snacks and stoppage time... and Weston likes to ask questions.  "Where are we going?" "Are you going to run faster?"  "Can we go this way?"  "Why is that man naked?" (to the man without a shirt on...)  They both are very friendly with people, saying "hi" to everyone we pass.


I had a special weekend trip to Texas - Savannah decided to climb out of the crib right before I left.  She slept in the pack 'n play while I was gone, but when we got back, we transitioned to a mattress on the floor.  The crib came down, probably not to go back up again.  It's weird not having a crib, since we have had someone in it for about the last 10 years.  We don't want to risk them falling and getting hurt while climbing out of the crib, so this was Savannah's ticket out.  She has done surprisingly well in her big girl bed.  

Sometimes she rolls off onto the floor... 
                                                                           Oops.  

No comments: