Monday, January 19, 2015

Christmas Eve







We did our traditional Christmas story and hymns by candlelight, followed by birthday cupcakes for Jesus.  We each made a personal gift/wish for the year and then got to blow out the candles.  My gift this year was not to miss a day of scriptures - to read for 30 minutes every day this year.  So far so good!




The kids also got to open their new PJ's.  We had a good laugh this year, as the boys thought one of them was getting a pair of Barbie PJ's.  They saw me making a sports pair for Savannah, and wondered about that.  I jokingly said that I messed up on one of the boys PJ's, sewing it too small and had to use that one for Savannah.  But I didn't have enough fabric left for all of them, so one of them had to get Barbie jammies.  They believed me and were all so worried which one of them got those ones.  I went along with the joke and wrapped up a pink princess shirt of Savannah's for Nathan to open.  I loved seeing his reaction to seeing the pink in his present.  (Of course it would have been better if I actually had a bigger pair of Barbie jammies, but it still got a good laugh.)

I really did sew one of the sports PJ's too small, so I went ahead and made them for Savannah.  I also made a cute pair of blue flower ones for her, so she got two pair.  I let her choose which ones she wanted to wear, and she wanted what her brothers had.  I guess it's a good thing I made a pair for her.




  

Ready to get all nestled and snug in their beds!

No comments: