Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Christmas morning!

The kids were up pretty early, but we made them wait a little bit before opening presents.  We could hear them talking and speculating about everything.  I think they waited nearly 2 hours by the time they got to open presents.  We needed to get the grandparents on FaceTime to watch the frenzy, and we waited as long as possible before having to get out of bed.  It was probably about 8:30 when the present opening began.  They were ready!


We asked the kids if they heard anything during the night...




I missed the first part of Weston' response on video, but when we asked if he heard anything, his reply was "I saw a bug!"  Of course he was talking about what he JUST saw - there must have been a bug by the presents.  We all got a kick out of it though, since it was such a random response.

Several short videos from opening presents:

Owen is my favorite present opener - he has the best reactions and comments.  "Dun dun dunnn!"  

In one of the clips, Owen is quick to point out that we already have THREE of those Lego sets.  Ha ha.  He just can't get over it.  But to Weston, the one who got the present, he could care less about a duplicate.  It has orcs in it - the more orcs the better.  Everything is great!  :)

Enjoy. 

















Busy... and cute.

They had cinnamon toast while they were waiting to open presents.  A while later, I finally made some eggs and bacon for breakfast/lunch.  I made sugar cookies later too.

This is what I was looking forward to doing - a personalized puzzle that Sam and Audrey sent us.  Love it.  Thanks you guys! And thank you to the rest of family for all the great presents!

We had a good day!  

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I love seeing all those lego sets! We love legos over here. Merry Christmas!

Sharon said...

Love the personalized puzzle! I thought about doing this for my parents cause they love puzzles...do you know what website she used?

Annie said...

I think the puzzle was from Shutterfly.