Monday, January 18, 2016

12 years old

Nathan had a friend birthday party this year, and he requested a no-theme party.  However, he wanted to start off his party playing soccer, so I had a hard time not going with a soccer theme.  I tried hard not to use a theme, but still ended up with some sports themed favors and such... :)  The water bottles had candy inside.  I did my first ever E-vite for a birthday party instead of making invitations.  It was easier, but I sort-of like making the invitations.  I think 12 years old may be the age where we turn over a new page in our parties.  

part of the E-vite... see, I couldn't stay away from a theme

Nathan wanted pizza, chips, and soda for dinner.  I made a triple layer cake, which turned out to be way too much.  I thought a big 12 year old needed a big cake!

He and his friends had fun playing foosball and our new arcade basketball game after we got back to our home after soccer.  Alex and I joined in on the soccer game for a while too - we had a lot of fun!



I love how Nathan sings to himself!




Nathan is finding out that the quantity of presents gets less as he gets older - maybe more gift cards and bigger items.  I made the OKC Thunder pillowcase as a little extra thing.  And he essentially picked out the Lego set and RC car.  However, he thought he was getting a smaller Lego set, but we surprised him with the bigger one.  We thought it would be funny to put a small girl Lego set inside a bigger box and see his reaction.  His real present was underneath the couch. I'd say he was pretty happy with it!



No comments: