Monday, January 18, 2016

sharp shooter

Nathan made the most free throws in his school and moved on to the next level of the Elks hoop shoot, competing against 12 and 13 year olds from other schools.  They did 2 rounds - 10 shots and then another 15, combining the total.  Nathan made 6 of 10 on the first round - a little cold on that round.  On the second round, he made 12 of 15!  I was very impressed with his shooting.  It was fun to see Nathan participate in something that I also did as a child.  My memory of the details of my hoop shoot is faulty, but I remember moving to the next level.  I think I made maybe 7 of 10 in my competition.  And I remember being really nervous.  

Nathan seemed pretty confident, stepping up there and making 18 of 25.  He ended up getting 3rd place, with the 2nd place contestant making 19 and the winner making 20.  I'm very proud of him!


A few of his shots...

No comments: