Saturday, January 2, 2016

It's Christmas!!

On Christmas Eve, they get to open new PJ's to wear to bed that night.  The older ones know what to expect - they even saw me making them, so it was no surprise for them.  Weston, however...he was expecting to open something fun.  Not clothes.  He wanted "way-gos" (Legos).    

I feel bad for him, because he was so disappointed, but it was hilarious too.  We were all laughing so hard!  He wouldn't take pictures either - he was still so mad.  Right before bed I got him to put the PJ's on, so I did capture one smiling Weston in boring PJ's...

(Savannah was the only one who got cute store-bought PJ's.  I couldn't compete with the tutu Sofia PJ's.)  







We did our traditional reading the Christmas story and singing by candlelight.  Savannah even tried to sing, although she was sick.  I cut the video off just as she was about to cough.


Weston was missing for most of the singing, but he came back when we were ready for cupcakes.  I even caught the end of it, with Weston singing!


The kids actually slept until about 7:45 or 8:00 on Christmas morning.  They waited until I finally dragged out of bed at 8;30 for present opening.  (Alex and I only got about 5 hours of sleep.) The big present they're sitting in front of was a foosball table from Alex's parents.  They have had so much fun playing it!




I think Christmas gets more disappointing the older you get.  Nathan got more useful than fun things this year.  He said he didn't want any Legos, but after his brothers got them, he wished he had asked for some.  Nathan's big present was a really nice sleeping bag, which I'm sure he'll appreciate later, but it's not very fun.  

Jared's big present was a drone, which is cool, but it also wasn't ready for flying.  We needed batteries. registration to fly, and it can only be flown in certain places.  Alex took him to a park later the next week.  He had some Legos to work on in the meantime.  



The younger 3 seemed pretty happy with their presents.  Owen is the best present opener, always so excited about his presents.  He got several Lego sets.  Weston also got lots of Legos.  He was only interested in opening the packages that sounded like Legos when he shook it.  Savannah's big present was a bike.  She also got a really cute baby doll crib from Alex's parents.  They restored an old crib that I think used to be Alex's mom's.






















And this is what we bought on behalf of my parents (they just sent money for us to use) - everyone loves this too!  Nathan is hard to beat.  This game takes up most of one room, but at least it folds when not in use and it's been really fun.  


I also had to document our Christmas brunch.  I made crepes for the first time, with blueberry sauce.  So yummy!


No comments: