Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Baba & Papa

My parents came to watch our kids while Alex and I were in Chile.  They were here for almost 2 weeks, and they survived!  The kids were in school for a couple of the days, so they got to do the whole morning routine / get the kids out the door and pick up Savannah from school.  They also got to go to Owen's wax museum presentation.  All of the boys get themselves home from school on their own, either by bus or walking, so they didn't have to worry about that.  They got to take Nathan out to lunch on Friday, since he had a minimum day.  I left some "instructions" for them, and I said they could take him out to eat (since we usually do that on their minimum days). They followed all the instructions pretty closely!

The next week was Spring Break, so they had to figure out how to entertain the kids all week.  They went to the zoo, museum, park, and the movie theater.  I can't remember what else they did.  I was waiting for my mom to put some pictures out on her blog, but she hasn't had time to do that yet. 

We went out to eat and to the beach after we got home -  it was a beautiful day!  They also stayed through Sunday and went to church with us.  Glad we got to spend a couple of days with them. 





(I did snag the photo of them on the butterfly bench from FaceBook - my mom had that picture out there.) 
We were so grateful Baba & Papa were able to come.  I wasn't sure if they were going to make it, since my dad had a stroke in February.  He is doing pretty well, but I'm sure it was a little overwhelming to be around our crew.  

The last time Alex and I went on a trip together was 8 years ago, in 2011, when Weston had just turned 1 year old.  My parents came out here and watched the 4 boys.  I think it was a little different experience then - at least there were no diapers to change this time or keeping little ones from putting stuff in their mouths!  They just had to put up with some arguments and a couple of picky eaters.  Weston knew the difference between instant potatoes and real mashed potatoes.  He started eating the instant potatoes and said something like, "This doesn't taste like Mom's potatoes."  He apparently just likes my cooking... 

Just for fun, here's a few pictures from the last time they watched the kids:  




No comments: