Sunday, August 4, 2019

Mother's Day

Alex made bacon and eggs for breakfast, we had an ice cream social after church, and then Alex made dinner as well (BBQ beef and sweet potato fries).  I think he made Twix cheesecake bars too - I can't remember what we had for dessert that night (I failed in my photo taking to document the meals...) 


The little notes are fun to read.  I guess they like when I sing to them - Owen, Weston, and Savannah all mentioned that in their notes. 

Weston said, "Dear Mom, I hope you like my bouquet.  I love you.  You are the best mom!  Happy Mother's Day!"  He also said in a fill-in-the-blank note, "The important thing about my mom is she has red hair.  She always plays the piano and feeds me.  I like it when she sings to me.  She's so funny when she says something funny and does something funny.  The most important thing about my mom is she has red hair."

Owen says in his poem, "Mom you are... as nice as a present, as sweet as music, as cool as the best lego set, as smart as google, as pretty as a flower, and as special as love." 
 Savannah says I am special because I care for her when she is hurt, she feels happy when I sing songs to her, I'm as beautiful as a sparkly butterfly, and she loves me because I am super helpful. 
 I think you might be able to read these - they made these at church:  Savannah's says, "Dear Mom I love you and you are the most helpful one there is."  Weston again says he likes when I sing to him.  Owen likes when I help, cook, and care for him and when I play the piano and sing.  He also says, "I would trade anything for you if you were taken."   (Knowing that his bargaining chip would be Legos, and they love their Legos, that means a lot! Ha ha!) 

I didn't post anything on FaceBook either this year - I'm off on that, but this pretty much sums up how I feel:


I'm grateful for my mom, for my mother-in-law, and for my own kids.  I love being a mom, despite its challenges.  I think I could also say that all that I am or hope to be, I owe to my KIDS.  They have taught me a lot and helped me strive to be a better person.  I wouldn't be who I am today without my kids.  

No comments: