Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fortifying the walls

We have been "holding down the fort" while Alex has been gone. Since he was supposed to be away for 2 weeks, I thought we'd "fortify the walls" in Nathan's and Jared's room. We hadn't painted them yet since we moved in 2 years ago. I thought it was about time to get it done, and since Alex was gone, I wouldn't have to worry about fixing a real dinner, wouldn't feel guilty about spending nights working, etc. etc. Anyway, I didn't tell Alex my plans and didn't let him know what we were doing as I talked to him each day on the phone. It was supposed to be a surprise for him when he got home. I finished Nathan's room the first week he was gone. I finally finished Jared's room on Friday. The only problem was that Alex surprised me by coming home 3 days early! I was in the midst of painting Jared's room on Wednesday evening when I heard a knock on the window. I turned around to look and there was Alex, peeking in the window, with his arms up wondering what was going on! I was quite surprised and embarrassed. The room wasn't finished, I was a mess, and the house was a disaster. I wanted to have everything ready. Oh well...
Nevertheless, he was surprised, and so was I.


Room 2 years ago...my sister Alison was staying in the room.
Nathan was still in the baby room.

Room after...painted over the salmon-colored trim with white
and the walls "stratosphere" blue.
I made the curtains a few months ago. They were my
experimental curtains, since I hadn't done them before.
At $1/yard, I thought I'd give it a try.

Another view...






1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

How funny that Alex surprised you! Tyler did that once, I was SHOCKED! He drove from OH to OK (when I was still in OK) and didn't let me know...nice surprise! :)