Monday, August 13, 2007

"Running with Angels"

I've had some technical difficulties logging on and uploading images on my blog. I was trying to upload an image of the book, but I guess it's not going through. Anyway, for our last book club, we read a book called "Running with Angels," by Pamela Hansen. Has anyone read it? It's an amazing story of a woman who lost 100 lbs. and ran a marathon. It's an incredible story about discipline and determination and how she overcame her trials to accomplish her goal. It's very inspirational. In fact, it's inspired me to get in shape and perhaps even train for a marathon. We'll see how it goes...
I also discovered last night that I will get to hear Pamela Hansen speak in a couple months at a "Time-out for Women" in Denver. My mom and my sisters are having a girls weekend in October and going to this conference. I'm pretty excited.

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

I have read that book and it is very, very good. It's amazing what that woman went through, but I'm a better person for having read her book.

I'm also going to TOFW, but it's in Indianapolis--too bad we're not going to the same one!