Tuesday, December 4, 2007

lots of walking...

I was reminded how hard it is to get around with no car. We needed some things from K-Mart, which is in the shopping center about 3 miles away. It took us 65 minutes to walk there. The flies were terrible and Nathan didn't want to walk. With all the energy he has, I don't understand why he has a hard time walking. About half-way into our walk, he was complaining. He ended up standing on the little metal rail of the umbrella stroller. We made it to the shopping center, got our bus pass, and a few things from the store. Next, I had to try to take the boys, the stroller, and the bags on the bus. It was quite an experience. I wasn't sure where to get off the bus and then when we did, I ended up walking around and around the neighborhood trying to find the way home. And I even had a map. Why couldn't I figure out where to go?

Anyway, we got home 5 minutes before it started raining.

Today, we went back to the shopping center area, because the library is over there. We went to storytime and back to the store and on the bus again... it still wasn't fun, but we accomplished what we needed to. And today I knew the way home.

No comments: