Monday, May 5, 2008

Boulder

We took a short trip to Boulder, CO this weekend. Alex had a conference, so the boys and I tagged along. We drove on Thursday- the trip was going so well until Jared puked all over himself and his carseat. And it had just started snowing. We had a little tv hooked up right in front of Nathan, so he watched videos the whole way (13 hours of video? - oh well.) We stayed in the Millenium Hotel, a pretty fancy place. You could drink the bottled water they had in the rooms for you, if you wanted to pay $6. Accomodations were paid for- this wasn't our choice...

Alex had meetings all day on Friday and Saturday and on Sunday morning. So the boys and I were mostly on our own. I took the boys to a children's museum on Friday for a few hours. We got to see my aunt and uncle on Saturday evening. They live right by the Denver Temple, about an hour from Boulder. They cooked salmon on the grill for us. Wish I could have enjoyed it more - I have bad morning sickness right now. We enjoyed seeing them. Quin hadn't met Alex or the boys yet. The boys went wild after they got warmed up- Nathan was really getting into the baseball game on TV. "The hitter hit the ball." "Strike 8!" I took the boys to church Sunday morning- to the Flat Iron ward (?). Everyone was really nice. Right after church, we picked Alex up and headed home. It only took us about 11 hours to get home. Did I mention that we ate at McDonald's about 5 times in the past few days? I can't eat another hamburger for a while...

7 comments:

Emma said...

Morning sickness??? Did I read that right? Did I miss something or was that your announcement?! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more.

Mamapierce said...

Did I read morning sickness? Where's the pregnancy announcement?!?!?! That's great news!!! Keep us updated! :o)

hollase said...

When are you due? It would be so cool if you and Michelle were due about the same time! Jamie and I need to get with it! Congrats!!!!

Kathryn said...

Ok Annie, pregnancy details please! (That was a sneaky announcement...)

hollister said...

Pretty clever if I do say so myself! Congratulations- you'll have to give us details soon :-)

The Purtle's said...

morning sickness???? I must know details!! We both have little ones at the same time?? How cool is that!!

whitney said...

Congrats-we can be pregnant buddies!

As for going to Boulder-how fun! I guess it wasn't so fun to be alone the whole time, but at least you got to do some fun things while you were there.