Thursday, August 21, 2008

Learning?

Well, Nathan is having fun at school. I don't really know all that they do- Nathan says they eat breakfast, play outside, and sing songs. He came home one day this week and while we were eating lunch, he stuck up his middle finger and said, "Look what I learned!"

I was a little shocked and wondered who he learned that from. He said he learned it from his teacher, so I assume they sang, "Where is thumbkin?" He learned how to hold up "tall man" - great...

It's been nice walking with him to school in the morning. It takes us about 15 minutes. Jared likes the stroller ride and I get a little exercise.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

That story is hilarious. I laughed my head off. Hopefully, he keeps on thinking that's Mr. Tallman for a long time.

Anonymous said...

How funny! Maybe he can remember the neames of his other fingers, too... What a great idea to walk to school. I bet your boys love the walk.

Melissa said...

Oh that is great- I love that he was so proud at what he learned. Tall man though- way to go- especially since he learned it from his teacher. School is scary with all the good and bad things they can learn, but they all have to grow up some time. It is just hard letting them do so.

The Purtle's said...

that is hilarious! I would have loved to see your face...that would have probably been for candid camera!!

Alabama Apples said...

Haaahaaa! I had to just laugh at that one. Jos has "learned" a few things I need to shake my head at too. But mine were taught by classmates (sigh). What a fun idea to walk to school!

whitney said...

LOL! He'll have to show all the other kids at church his new trick ;)