Wednesday, October 22, 2008

the costumes are done...

Halloween is not my favorite holiday anymore (sorry Carrie!)- mostly because I dread coming up with costumes for the boys. But the dreaded task is over... I found and finished the costumes all in one day. They were CHEAP (and they look kind-of cheap too), but the boys like them so that's what matters. Nathan will be "Bob the Builder" and Jared will be "Blue Clues" - those were picked because that's what I found at the Salvation Army for $1 total. I did have to make a Blues Clue puppy hat for Jared ($2) and a work belt for Nathan's costume. So I'm pretty proud of myself...I spent a total of $3 and they're done! Pictures next week...

6 comments:

John IV said...

Did you know that Blue is a girl dog?

Annie said...

I did not know that... we won't tell Jared he's wearing a girly costume. Maybe nobody else will know either. He looks cute in it - he looks more like a rabbit or something anyway.

Alabama Apples said...

I didn't know Blue was a boy...anyway, way jealous of your find and talents! Can't wait to see the pics!

Melissa said...

Nice job- that is awesome. Cheapest costumes I've ever heard of and probably the cutest too! Can't wait to see the cute pictures.

Carrie said...

I won't hold it against you Annie : ) I won't get to celebrate Halloween this year with my usual all-out affair as it's not a big deal here. So Nicholas isn't even getting a costume..a few sniffs from me. Enjoy a fun, although mom-taxing, Halloween. The boys love you for your effort!

Anonymous said...

Yeay for costumes, and being done with them! OK, since I was computerless for o long I just read that you are having another boy! Congrats! That will be so fun!