Thursday, August 27, 2009

PS to the previous post

I meant to also mention that in our ways of expressing love we also may need to sacrifice sometimes. For instance, since I like to do "projects," often for other people, sometimes Alex has to recognize that and sacrifice his need for quality time. I appreciated that in my recent project that turned out to take all my time and attention from him and the boys. But it was important in showing my love to family. On the other hand, sometimes I have to put aside what I'm doing (realize that the house can wait) to spend time talking to Alex or playing with the boys. Or it may be as simple as allowing him to invite friends over for dinner or games, recognizing that he needs quality time with others as well.

By the way, I'm no expert... just "people watching".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great food for thought!! I'll need to spend some time thinking about what Phillip and my lauguages of love are...and now my boys, as well!
It is always a great reminder to show the ones that we love how much they mean to us. Thanks for the fantastic reminder!! :)

Mike said...

By the way, thanks Alex! I'm guessing Annie was referring to the project she did for us for our anniversary. That was a very special gift! I know you sacrificed a lot of time you might have had with Annie to allow her to do that. THANKS!