Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Utah trip

Just got back from a trip to Utah for my sister Alison's graduation from BYU (although she's 3/4 cowgirl...) and also for my niece's baby blessing.

Owen and I flew out there. The flights weren't very fun, but he managed to smile through most of it. It's hard for an 8 month old to sit still - my arms were quite tired. Our first flight on Wednesday at 7:00am got cancelled (after sitting on the plane for 2 hours), so we had to wait until 7:00pm, arriving in Utah around 12:15am (our time). (Alex at least drove back to OKC to take us out for lunch while we were waiting on Wednesday. ) After that incredibly long day, I had to rest and recover for a good portion of the day on Thursday - a combination of altitude sickness, fatigue, and dehydration took its toll on me. But luckily I recovered pretty quickly and was able to enjoy my time there. Owen was quite a trooper - we kept going here and there, and he just wanted to be in his bed.

Alex played "Mr. Mom" with Nathan and Jared (thank you to those who helped out with them), holding down the fort while I was gone. Alex had fun with the boys, but he "didn't get anything done." Imagine that. I think he was happy to go back to work today...

It was great to spend time with family. All of my siblings were there, as well as my parents and grandma. We had fun playing volleyball, bowling, roasting hotdogs and "mallow bursts" (marshmallows and starbursts) and just hanging out. It was fun to watch Jaden and Nicholas play together - Nicholas is a hoot. I can still hear his little two year old voice saying "Oh, pie!" and calling Owen "be-be." My only complaint, as always, is that it was too short.















and here's what I look like holding a GIRL...



5 comments:

Coty said...

How fun!
Sooo, when do you plan on trying for that little girl (snicker).
You're entire family is just adorable, Annie.

Coty said...

"Your"...
I'm sad that with the birth of more children, comes less brain cells...can't you see I'm already struggling here?
;)

WhiteEyebrows said...

I agree. Too short.

Alabama Apples said...

Love family visits!! Hooray for Alex...Kit has yet to try to be a Mr. Mom without me. One of these days...

The Purtle's said...

oh what a great time!! I think you look fabulous holding a little girl! I have a feeling you will spoil your niece like crazy!!! :) So glad you and Owen had fun....