Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hypothetical situation

Okay, so hypothetically speaking, let's say you're in Wal-Mart with your potty-trained son and you notice that he needs to go to the bathroom (maybe even for the 2nd time in 20 minutes). Once you get to the bathroom, you realize that he has done quite the #2 in his underwear. You didn't bring the diaper bag in the store with you, so you have no change of clothes and not even any wipes. What do you do?

A. Pull his pants back up and make him sit in it, hoping it won't run down his leg and leave a trail along the way. I mean, he was already sitting in it before, so why not a little longer?
B. Open the door and yell for help. Really, they have lots of underwear and wipes in the store...
C. Carefully strip off the soiled underwear and toss it in the trash. Try to wipe with toilet paper and wet paper towels. Put the pants back on and let the kid go commando until you get home.
D. Notify the store that you found a lost kid with poopy underwear in the family restroom and then take off running, hoping that they don't realize that he looks just like you.

Hmmm...

Maybe D? Well, I'd hate to waste that time I'd spent shopping by abandoning the groceries...

A just doesn't seem right and I'd hate to get poo poo all over everything else. Besides, it STINKS.

What about B? I think it might be embarrassing and I wouldn't want to wait any longer for the screaming 10 month old that is strapped on the changing station.

I guess I'd go with C.

13 comments:

Burt Family said...

I'm laughing with you on this one because I know every parent has been in this situation. I think C would be my answer also...oh wait it has been many times over!

Emma said...

I choose C. Been there done that!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh!! I'm STILL laughing!! Hmmm, I'd probably have gone with C, as well. Commando doesn't hurt any kid once in awhile. Heck, my kids would probably prefer to run around naked, anyway. I gotta say D is pretty tempting, though...

Alabama Apples said...

Oh, my belly hurts from laughing so hard! It has happened to me MORE times than I would like to admit and like to remember. Definitely have always gone with C until I learned my lesson and started carrying "spares" in my bag. Oh I'm sorry!!! (I'm still laughing!)

WhiteEyebrows said...

C. B would work if you could trust the kid to stay put and not finger paint on the walls with his poop. But probably not... so I'd choose C.

Pam said...

"C" it is. Or take the cart to the front and tell the door lady or customer service that you'll be back in 20 minutes.

Carrie said...

I'd do what I usually do with Nicholas and his snacks. I'd grab a package of wipes and underwear, use them in the bathroom, and pay on the way out. I've had to open a number of things in the store and figured it was okay as long as we paid for it before we left : ) Now I'm guessing this hypothetical situation wasn't so hypothetical...sorry : )

Amanda said...

I'd have to go with C. Now, if it's already leaked out all over the pants, you have a different situation! And D is a tempting, if not completely viable choice... Still funny though!

Coty said...

Golly -poop is the worst!
I'd go with C too of course, but knowing my children.. there would be another trail of something coming from that commando bottom before I got away from that store!
When it rains it pours!

Debora said...

Way to go- everybody is still laughing :)

Anonymous said...

So been there! C all the way!

Jessica McKay said...

Love it. Been there. Except half the time I have my diaper bag, but it has nothing useful in it. It is more like a prop that I carry around pretending to be a good mom. Thanks for all your comments on my blog. I read yours faithfully, but I usually just check it through Reader.

Alison said...

WOW...this is funny! :) What are we all doing talking about poop on here anyways... :) Well sounds like everyone would go with C. Try doing this with an adult who is scared, doesn't know what to do, and can't clean themself. At least he ended up in a handicapped bathroom and not in the regular one. Though he did get poop on everything and I had to clean and sanitize the entire bathroom. That sounds fun huh...