Friday, December 18, 2009

1 year postpartum...

...or 9 weeks pregnant?

Yep. It's no secret that we're expecting again, although it was a surprise to us! Let's just say girls, that you shouldn't trust your 1st postpartum period. You know, when you're breastfeeding, your cycle doesn't kick in for a while - say 9 months, but then it might not be normal. If you ever have mid-cycle spotting, just consider that as good enough for "prime time" 2 weeks later! Anyway, our timing is just great - due date is July 20th (as of the 1st ultrasound). Alex starts his job in CA on July 1st. Might be a little crazy...

By the way, why do I have a belly at 2 months instead of 4 months? Anyone with more than 1 kid find that they start puffing out really early? I guess some of that IS still postpartum belly, although I did lose nearly all the weight I put on last time...

15 comments:

Pam said...

WOW!! Congratulations!

Catherine said...

Congrats! I bet this one is a girl, she just couldn't wait any longer to be protected by all those boys!!

Emma said...

Wow, congrats! Good luck with the transitions next year!

Coty said...

YAY! I was totally joking the other day, but apparently... I was RIGHT! -so let it be written ;)

CONGRATULATIONS! i know you want a girl (and i think it will be) but nothing wrong with a battalion of your adorable boys for the girlies to pick from, eh?

I'm so happy for your guys...enjoy the pregnancy ;)

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! Congrats! Isn't it funny how the Lord works?!

Oh, and the belly ... It's baby #3 — 'nough said! You still look good!

The Purtle's said...

CONGRATS!! You look so cute...

I guessed it....I caught that "subtle" hint in your blog comment a few weeks ago. :) I've been WONDERING.....

Sharon said...

wow...congrats...I'll send the girl vibes your way :)

Jessica McKay said...

Congrats! You are going to catch up with us. Four is CRAZY!!! Luckily babies are the best. Here's to hoping for a girl (or we could just swap one of our girls for one of your boys).

Anonymous said...

I mean baby #4 - good grief, I'm loosing my mind! (But you still do look real cute!)

whitney said...

Of course you're popping out that early! It's your FOURTH girly! Don't worry, we won't compare you to all the first time mommies with their washboard stomachs :P

Congrats (again)!!! I'm so darn excited for y'all!

Oh, and I totally hear ya on not trusting post-partum/nursing periods. Enter: Scarlett.

Debora said...

I saw your comment on Past The Moon- pretty funny (although, I'm sure you are not thinking it's funny)- your situation vs. Aud's situation. I wish I was there to help!

Dina said...

WooHoo! Congrats!

Sarah said...

Congrats!! That is exciting news! We are expecting out fourth in June, isn't it wonderful being pregnant!!

Unknown said...

Well congrats! I will also send my "girl" wishes to your portion of the globe! And if not, can you imagine how wealthy you and Alex will be when every name on the back of the NBA jersey says "your last name"??? :o)

Merry Christmas!!

Maria said...

congrats!! sending lots of girl vibes your way!