Thursday, August 4, 2011

Europe - day 9

On Friday, Alex was busy with his conference, so I had the day to do something.  I got up early and headed down to Zermatt.  I took the train to Gornegrat Station (a 45 minute ride up).  It was a beautiful morning and I enjoyed the views of the Matterhorn.  From there, I headed back to the Interlaken area, hoping the weather would hold up.  It didn't.  The clouds moved in and it wasn't worth it to take a cable car ride to any of the peaks.  I got a closer look at Staubbach Falls in Lauterbrunnen and then headed back to Bern.



In the evening, we were able to go to the Bern, Switzerland Temple.  We really enjoyed it - of course it was in German, so we had to wear headphones to translate into English.  What was amazing was half of the other people also had to use headphones - there were at least 5 different languages - German, English, French, Spanish, and Italian.  And I think these were "locals" - there's quite a few different languages just in Switzerland and the area the temple serves.  It was amazing to think that the Lord was hearing each of these languages, and the covenants and promises are the same no matter the language.  The Lord hears us and loves us all.

1 comment:

Debora said...

That Friday evening activity was a perfect "anniversary date" :)