Sunday, August 28, 2011

summer stuff

After our Europe trip, I had a chance to just hang out with the boys.  The rest of the summer we spent going to the library, the park, the zoo, and lots of playing.

The boys loved playing in the tree house papa built, but sadly (and a little to my relief) we had to take it down.  Our landlord was concerned about someone getting hurt on the property - I was a little worried about it too, so it wasn't too hard for me, but the boys were sad.  Nathan wanted to draw a picture of it before we took it down.  I actually had to get up in the tree to help take it down.  





The weather here is so nice all year round (I know many of you have had really hot yucky summers - sorry), but we have been taking full advantage of the beautiful weather at different parks.  I even let the boys ride a carousel, which sadly was their very first time riding one.  I have always rejected their plea to ride since the price to ride seemed a lot for the time they get to ride.  Even though it was $2 each for 5 minutes, it was worth it to see the joy on their faces.  I underestimated how much they would enjoy it and how it was the highlight of their day.

Weston LOVES being outside and he thinks he a big kid.  He's starting to climb and play on the playground equipment - this is the age that makes me really nervous.  He's big enough to get UP, but you have to watch him constantly so he doesn't come DOWN wrong.



I'm still the activity day leader at church.  One of our activities this summer was tie dye t-shirts (thanks Kaitlyn for showing us how to do it).  I did some for the boys (out of their stained white shirts).  Here's my tie-dye crew.



Another park... Weston toppled over on the pine needles and decided to just lounge around for a while on the cozy bed of pine needles.  Meanwhile, the rest of the crew decided to pile the pine needles on the slide and plow through them.  I love how easily entertained they are.



We had to see the dinosaur at the zoo - a few different times!  The boys didn't seem to mind seeing the show again.  My favorite is still the elephants.  The boys enjoyed the play area, where they could slide down a hill on cardboard.


1 comment:

Tyson and Carrie said...

Looks like so much fun. Man I wish we were around when you had the tree house, my boys would of love it! :0