Wednesday, June 12, 2013

treat nights

We used to have treat nights on Monday and Friday nights.  But in an effort to be more healthy (and not have to put sugar-high kids to bed...ugh.), we eliminated the Friday treat night.  Our movie, ice cream, and popcorn night is now just movie & popcorn.  They look forward to Monday nights even more now since that's their ice cream night.  However, since I did take away the ice cream on Friday, I decided to add one treat night per month for the boys.  They now get a special outing to McDonald's or Costco food court with either me or Alex, as well as being a "helper" in getting things at Costco.  It works pretty well since we need to do a Costco run once a week AND the one on one time is nice.  I finally got through the rotation of an outing with each of them, so here are the pictures from those.  I love the look on Weston's face when I put the yogurt in front of him.  He didn't eat all of that - we shared.  That's one little benefit of these treat nights.  Alex and I get TWO extra treat nights per month!  :)  Ah, life is good.  (The rotation will be perfect when we add Savannah in the mix...)


2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh boy, you would hate our house. I figured since I can't live without dessert, I can't force my boys to either : ) So it's treats galore here : ) Way to go though for sticking to it.

Lisa said...

Okay, I just commented on how I try to eat foods as close to their natural state as possible, but I must admit that ice cream is an exception to that rule. I could eat soft serve frozen yogurt all day long. Have you been to Pinkberry? It just opened up in downtown SB before we moved. I love love love it. It is the best frozen yogurt out there. You and Alex should go there for a date night. Then tell me about it and make me jealous.