Thursday, January 21, 2021

Savannah's baptism

I took some photos of Savannah prior to her baptism.  I also put together this photo combination with Savannah in her blessing dress when she was 3 months old.  

We ended up doing her baptism in Utah when we visited my sister.  Baptismal fonts aren't available here in CA right now, due to covid restrictions, so it was nice to not have to get baptized in the cold ocean.  We got permission to livestream the baptism on FaceBook, but when we got to the church, we couldn't get any internet service at all.  We couldn't even send out a text message or email.  So unfortunately, all the family and friends waiting to watch didn't get to see it.  We would have loved to share the occasion, but the most important thing was the baptismal ordinance.  We had a nice small service with our family and my sister's family.    



I gave her this necklace as a gift.  Hopefully, she'll think of her baptism and the promises made when she wears it.  



I played the piano, Alison and Micah led the music, Jared gave the opening prayer, Owen and Nathan gave talks, and Alex performed the baptism and confirmation.  Savannah, Dallin, and Emmy sang a musical number "I Will Follow God's Plan for Me" and I gave the closing prayer.  Our opening and closing songs were "When I am Baptized" and "I am a Child of God."  

I made this little video for her baptism - enjoy!

I recorded the musical number as well, a couple of times after we got home.  The sound went in and out on my phone.  We did a couple times on Alex's phone.  This was the best we got.  The file was also too large, so I tried to trim it.  You might have to turn the volume all the way up to hear it.  They really sounded cute together.  









 

No comments: