Sunday, July 29, 2007

Keepers of the light

I've been busy this week painting the guest room. (My sister moves in with us this week.) So I haven't blogged much this week because the computer has been covered up. I just wanted to leave a quick thought. When I went to girls camp a few weeks ago, we practiced a song called "Keepers of the Light." It was amazing to listen to a bunch of teenage girls sing this song. The words talk about how we are children of God and how we are sent for these days to be keepers of His light. We must stand strong, letting virtue garnish every thought. I couldn't find the lyrics. Anyway, the song is on the CD "Daughters of a King." As I thought about what the song was saying, I thought about one of my favorite scriptures. In 2 Nephi 31:20, it says, "...press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." I think we can have a perfect brightness and BE a perfect brightness of hope to those around us, being keepers of the light and sharing the light of Christ within us.

No comments: