Saturday, October 27, 2007

just me and the boys

We took Alex to the airport yesterday so he could fly to Colorado for a GSA conference in Denver. He gets to stay at the fancy Hyatt for a few days. We miss him, but we were joking as we were on the way to the airport about that. He asked if we were going to miss him. When I hesitated, he said, "Probably not." I had to correct him, but did joke about how I wouldn't have to worry about an internet patrol, fixing dinner, showering and getting dressed for the day, the boys would watch videos all day, and we'd clean up the house a couple hours before he got home...
Some of that may not be far from the truth! But actually, today the boys only watched one short video, I took a shower (didn't worry about make-up though), we had pancakes for dinner, I cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed all the chip crumbs the boys trailed all over the house, and I am on the internet.
I do go in "survival mode" when it's just me and the boys. I think the term is "selected neglect." I learned that at Time-out for Women last weekend... but more about that in the next blog.
We do miss "da-da" though!

No comments: