Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's a girl!

Well, we finally got a "girl" around here - picked one up at K-Mart... (there were no boy baby dolls at the store)

Owen has been having a hard time with the new baby. He wants to hold, poke, and play with Weston. And he has no concept of what it means to leave a sleeping baby (or awake for that matter) alone. "Baby!" (as he pokes at his face or gives him kisses one after another)

I thought if he had his own baby, he might leave "mine" alone. Not really. It was worth a try - all the boys enjoyed it for a while, but Owen really went nuts after getting to play with the doll. He definitely wanted to hold Weston now...Owen was screaming and pulling at him and nearly pulled him right out of my arms.

Nathan and Jared thought the doll could do some good karate moves. And pretty soon the baby was just lying naked on the floor. I'm pretty sure a girl wouldn't leave their baby like that. So much for my little nurturing sons, right...

Oh well. At least we have one doll around here for girl visitors. (Maybe cousin Hailey will adopt her...)

3 comments:

Burt Family said...

How cute! If it makes you feel any better, my house full of girls is also full of naked dolls left laying around :) Weston is very cute as are all your boys!

The Purtle's said...

haha! Totally made me laugh...when I read your post, my first instict (without thinking, of course!) was that "oh my goodness...Annie is pregnant with a girl!!" Then, I thought about it...and it cracked me up. :) And, Bailey is pretty nurturing, but she leaves her babies naked all the time...I guess it's just fun to pretend dress/undress them!!!

Debora said...

Hey-- this story means you got out of the house, at least, long enough to go to KMart !!