Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I AM SUPERMOM!

Don't let the glasses fool you...or the pulled back hair or the spit- up/snot on my shirt...

I've denied it for long enough... it's time to reveal my true identity.  I AM SUPERMOM...because I have SUPERKIDS!  

Today I took Jared, Owen, and Weston out with me to run some errands.  We went to the post office, bank, Ross, grocery store, and McDonald's (drive-thru).  I even took them in the dressing room at Ross so I could try on some clothes.  (I really needed a new skirt that fits my post baby belly before Sunday when I'm speaking in church).  I had to do it, and we did.  The boys waited patiently for me - they were SUPER (that's why we went to McD later).  Weston made it on one tank of milk - no re-fueling along the way.  This was pretty much our 1st big outing.  I think we may be ready for playgroup, if the boys can get rid of their coughs and snotty noses.  People often tell me that I must be a supermom and I'm quick to correct them, but now I know that I AM a supermom because I have super kids.  (If I really was a supermom, the beds would be made, the dishes done, and clothes wouldn't be piled up on the couch waiting to be folded.  I wish I had some extra superpowers to take care of all those things.)  Oh well. 

Off to save the world... or maybe just make dinner.  SUPERMOM!

14 comments:

Amanda said...

I've always given you the label of SuperMom! I think you have the perfect balance and know when to do what (even if it is the dishes right before hubby comes home!)

Carrie said...

Don't you love the great days!! And you do have great boys, but it takes a great mom to make great kids. Glad you had a good day!!

whitney said...

Mmmm, can your kids share some of their super with my kids 'cause we're definitely in need of some over here.

Debbie said...

You are too cute! Great photo, BTW.

I think you are a Super Mom!

Anonymous said...

That made me tear-up! You are awesome! Days like that just have to be documented!

Mamapierce said...

You ARE supermom!

By the way, if you need any more glasses, they have super great deals on them here: www.zennioptical.com

I bought a pair for $8 - that includes the frames AND the prescription lenses. Amazing. :D

Coty said...

Ah, don't you just love when a outting goes even BETTER than you were expecting! Sure makes a Mama feel proud!!!
And having that first "big outting" with the newest addition go well, is like a Cloud Nine experience, isn't it!!!
Oh Annie, may you have plenty more successful outtings :)

Adorable pic, too.

Anonymous said...

You are super...and adorable too!! What a combo!! Congratulations on the successful outing. Isn't that the best?!! I feel so pleased when I know I can get out and be free to do the things I need to.
It was great catching up on your blog. It looks like you've been doing well. I loved all the pics. Your family is so sweet.

Unknown said...

you ARE supermom!!!!

Stacy and Jason said...

I didn't know you had a blog either!!! but you can bet that I am getting ready to add you!

Debora said...

See, Annie you couldn't even get away from all of your friends by moving to CA :) :) They are all still here.

Jennifer said...

Great picture and great story. You're an amazing mom!

Melissa said...

I KNOW you are super mom! You are super incredible! And I know that you have super kids because you are super mom- you amaze me. Way to go on your first outing- I love it- one tank of milk- so funny. Thanks for all your support on my goal blog- you are the best!

Unknown said...

That pic of all the boys with there heads in a circle is SOOOO cute.