Friday, September 3, 2010

From the book of Jared...

Jared is at a fun age when he says funny things or maybe not even funny, but just random. You can tell he's thinking about things. Here's a couple things from just the last 30 minutes:

I said, "I need to get my shoes on. Can you get me my brown shoes?"
Jared looks at me funny, peeks around behind me (looking at my clothes) and says, "Do they match your shirt?" (I have a purple shirt on today with blue jeans...and not a speck of brown anywhere.)
He didn't think I should wear those shoes.

And then out of the blue he said, "If you have a rooster, you have to eat it."
"Why?" I asked.
"Because they peck at you."

And while eating his fruit snacks, "Why do they call blueberries blueberries?"
I said, "Because they're blue."
Then thinking about it as he pulled out a red fruit snack, "Then why aren't strawberries called redberries?"

Don't know the answer to that one...

3 comments:

Micah and Alison said...

I love Jared! He says the funniest things! :) :) Gotta love that age when they think so frankly and out loud...

Alabama Apples said...

I love what children say. Their minds are always going!

Krista said...

Cute and smart - Love it!