Friday, October 22, 2010

In my spare time...


I attempted to make my first baby blanket that looks like a quilt.  It's not.  But the fabric makes it look that way and it has quilt batting on the inside.  I didn't do very well on the trim - I'll do better on the next one.  I should have known better than to make a blanket for my seamstress sister who is 9 month nesting with her 1st baby and already found this same exact adorable fabric.  Oh well.  It was made with lots of love.  (Alex said it looks like a good camping blanket.).  Maybe it will get there before her baby comes.  We'll see...

10 comments:

Melissa said...

SUPER cute! Way to go! I love the fabric and I really love that it looks like you spent so much time making each square perfect- you didn't have to tell us your secret, we would have believed you.

Unknown said...

good work!

Dina said...

Oh wow! That's so cute! You did such a great job!

Micah and Alison said...

Don't know what you're dissing yourself for...It looks great! And it will be perfect with the stuff we have already! Way to go! I haven't even gotten into making blankets yet, so you have me beat there... ;)

Mamapierce said...

I'm totally impressed! It's super cute! :D

Gardners said...

How CUTE! Way to go! And what creative ideas to celebrate Halloween with the boys!

WhiteEyebrows said...

One thing I love about this family is that you guys are such thoughtful gift givers.

whitney said...

Very cute! Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be loved and appreciated no matter what the trim looks like :)

Brandy said...

Wow that is one gorgeous quilt blanket thing! I'm absolutely in love with the material. I'm no good when it comes to sewing. You did a great job :)

Mary Kalree said...

Wow, I am impressed you used your spare time so well. I think mine gets sucked up by...um...searching the internet? Great job by the way!