Friday, May 27, 2011

5 years

Jared turned five last week!  Unfortunately he wasn't feeling great on his birthday (you can see the half glazed over look) - pretty much the only thing he ate all day was a little bit of waffle, watermelon, and ice cream.  I also did a crumb cake for breakfast so we could sing to him and he opened presents.  He didn't feel up to going out to eat, so we went to McDonald's the next day.




He was ready and feeling good for his party on Saturday, at one of the local parks.  They had a great time sledding down the pine needles on cardboard boxes.  I constructed a couple of shoddy looking batmobiles at the last minute.  The cake also was a little shabby looking and didn't make the transport very well.  Having the party at a park was mostly a good idea, but I didn't count on the wind blowing the tablecloth, tableware, and balloons everywhere.  The kids got to take home frosting covered balloons...   I think the kids had fun.  I know Jared loved it, so that's all that matters!



5 comments:

Debora said...

I take it, he wasn't very excited about the pirate book :)

Annie said...

He did like it - that's his "Argh!" pirate face. They've had fun with the game too. Thanks!

The Purtle's said...

I LOVE your party ideas!!! :) And, you never make anything shoddy...not even kinda!!!

Debora said...

I can't believe how BIG Jared is. He's grown like a weed.
Happy birthday!

This is Audrey...checkin in from TSH!

Jeannie said...

I guess I was too late to see the Bat Mobile in action. Awesome idea! And the cake looks great! Warren and Maddie had a fantastic time celebrating with Jared!