Sunday, May 1, 2011

V is for volcano

I thought our volcanist friend Jeff would appreciate this one...



For letter V for joy school, we did volcanoes, violets in vases, vegetable soup, and velcro V's (with letter V things).  We also watched a Veggie Tales video while eating Vanilla pudding (I thought it would be okay to watch a short video this once, since V is for video AND Veggie tales.)  Violin music was playing most of the time, so that's why you hear it in the background - doesn't quite fit with the volcano...  I also let them use the vacuum!  (Maybe they should have washed our Van too.)   :)  The pipe cleaner flowers and vases ended up being too hard for the kids, but they were cute.  

They were in awe of the volcano.  (I ended up making it at the last minute.  I didn't have time for papier mache, so I had to come up with something different.  I ended up using a baby food jar under a foam bowl cut with an opening for the jar.  Then I draped over and taped a paper sack to a baking sheet.  Some rocks, shredded paper and a couple play trees added a nice touch.)  We had fun with it.  They wanted to see it over and over again.


No comments: