Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to school!



This was the 1st year that I was awake before Nathan on the first day of school!  Back to school must not be that exciting anymore...  but Jared was awake by at least 6:45.  He was up before me.  We walked the long 5 minutes to school, getting there with 5 minutes to spare!  (pretty good...)  
When we reached the gate, they both said, "Bye mama!" and headed off to their classrooms.  Although obviously not needed, I followed Jared in to make sure he got to the right place.  I think he was a little disoriented, but quickly got to the right place.  He almost seemed embarrassed I was still there.  
"Okay, have a good day!"  I said.  
No pictures, no standing around waiting, no tears shed.  We headed home.  Not a big deal.

It was a relatively quiet day at home, with only 2 kids who seemed to play peacefully and quietly today.  I can get used to this.  Yay for back to school!

They both had a good day, I think.  Couldn't get much out of them.  
"What did you do today?"  
"Umm...I don't really remember."

"Did you have fun?"  
"Yeah."

"What was your favorite thing?"
"Recess."

"What did you do at recess?"
"I don't know."

"Did you make any friends today?"
Nathan named off a couple of people.  He is lucky to already have a friend from church in his class.  
Jared said he played with a boy named Jay.  

I guess everything was fine.

1 comment:

The Purtle's said...

had to laugh at their commentary. I got something similar tonight when I called my nephew to see how his first day went! haha! I think PE was the hit for the day. I have a feeling we'll get lots more information from our daughters back to school experience! :)