Friday, August 24, 2012

Children's Museum of Houston

I decided at the last minute to take the boys to the Children's Museum in Houston.  I thought it would be best with another adult so O & W could do different things than N & J if they wanted to.  Baba & Papa were working, and I didn't want to meet a friend there only to have to split up and go different directions.  So I just headed out with them on my own.  Since we had free entrance anyway, I could just leave if it wasn't working out.  Weston couldn't go to the tot area, but they all did well together in the other parts of the museum.  They loved Flow Works, the water play area.  The museum has done a really nice job on that area (as well as the rest of the museum).  The boys also liked Invention Convention, where they could build things with legos and play on the "Widget Wall".  I'd like to construct one of those for our house.  Weston seemed to really enjoy sending the little balls through the PVC pipes.  They could move the magnetic plastic pipes wherever they wanted to, to change the path of the ball.  Neat idea.  The boys had a good time.  (It would have been a great cheap outing, if only I hadn't gotten a parking ticket!  So much for our free outing...)   


Water play area


Widget Wall

1 comment:

30 year-old Dad said...

I totally miss this museum! They had a whole room full of fun toys that explored different physics concepts. Marielle didn't like it so much, but I could stay there for hours.