Monday, August 20, 2012

still in shock...


We didn't quite believe it, but we are expecting a GIRL!  We had them check a few times to make sure.  "ARE YOU SURE?!"  I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that.  After having 4 boys, I don't quite know what to think.  So many thoughts going through my mind...

I won't be "alone" anymore (still outnumbered, but not alone).
I can do mother/daughter things.
We'll have to get pink stuff and dolls and dresses.
I don't like pink very much.
I'll get used to pink.
We'll have to buy new clothes.
She won't have to wear ratty hand-me-downs.
We won't have to buy much - Grandma will take care of that.
I hope she likes legos and cars and dinosaurs.
I'll get to fix her hair.
I'll have to try to fix her hair.
I bet she won't have much hair to fix until she's about 5 years old.
I can do parties with ladybugs, flowers, and butterflies.
I'll have to figure out how to make princess cakes.
We can watch Cinderella,  The Little Mermaid, and Beauty & the Beast.
Alex said with a ha-ha, "Now YOU have to have the TALK."  (He gets all the boys.)
We'll have to deal with periods and bras and shaving legs.
We don't have to come up with another boy name.
We have to come up with a girl name.
We don't have to mess with the vaseline and gauze when she's born.
We have to figure out how to wipe a girl's bum.
We're really having a GIRL??
We don't know much about girls.
What's she going to think about having 4 brothers?
She's going to have a bunch of older brothers to protect her.
I'll be able to get out my shotgun (Alex's thoughts about future daughter's dates).
I hope she looks like me and not another mini Alex.
I wonder if she'll have blond hair?
We can't just say "the boys" anymore.
She will be SO spoiled!
There hasn't been a girl in Alex's family line for about 70 years.  (not quite that long, but close)
We can't say "5 boys and done".
We might have to try for another girl so she has a buddy.  (We'll see...)

A GIRL?!  Crazy.


So, I'm about 21-22 weeks now, due the end of December.  She looks healthy and measuring just right.  I'm feeling pretty good.  Just tired...  imagine that.

Yes we planned #5, taking the "road less traveled".  We're not too crazy - just didn't feel like our family was complete yet.  And I can't tell you at this point if this is the last.  We don't know yet.  But I'm pretty excited for a girl!



19 comments:

Pam said...

Yea! Congratulations!

Kathryn said...

Congrats! Would you like me to send along some ratty hand-me-downs? :)

alanna said...

Congratulations!!!!
Wow. So exciting. I only had 2 boys before my girl and it was all new and so much fun.
Congrats again and again!

P.S. I'm pregnant with a girl too. Due at the end of December. :)

Melissa said...

YES!!!!! I couldn't be happier for you Annie!! That is so wonderful! Hooray for girls! Congrats!

Dirk and Trish said...

Girls are so fun! We have two girls, four nieces, and one nephew. Purple is nice too. :) Congrats!

A2 said...

I'm still in shock too! But loving it!!! We need more girls!!!

The Purtle's said...

OH EXCITING!!!!!!!!!! You will be an awesome girl mommy!!!! You're an awesome boy mommy!!!! But, oh yea....you will have such fun mommy/daughter things now too. Bailey said she thought you had a girl. haha! :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

30 year-old Dad said...

haha, i still find myself saying "the girls" and then a few moments later adding "...and Rex"

Good luck with all the transitions.

Jessica McKay said...

I am so excited for you! A girl is exactly what your family needs. I have four brothers and no sisters and think that makes a perfect family. You will love having a little princess running around. I am so excited for you two!

Jennifer said...

Annie, I'm so so excited for you. I love having a daughter. Congratulations. I wish I was your next door neighbor and could have your boys come over and play while you took a nap... and so later I could hold your sweet baby while you took a nap! Good luck with everything.

Debora said...

Sounds like when Ron is working on our retirement budget he needs to add a catagory called "Girl Stuff" :)

Emma said...

How exciting!!! Congratulations! You will have so much fun. She will be well protected by her brothers. I'm sure they will just love her! Good luck.

Debbie said...

That is wonderful news. I love all your thoughts - it felt like having a glimpse into your brain. So fun!

She will be a very loved little girl. Lucky too!

Mike said...

wow, I hardly believe it...a girl? Can't be true. Congrats!

Just a thought... said...

Wow! Congratulations ...didn't even know you were pregnant! Super awesome!!!

Lyndsi said...

Congrats, Annie!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to buy a girl something & I can't wait to see what she looks like!! Congratulations!

Mamapierce said...

Hooray!! Cannot wait to see pictures and learn her name!!!

Krista said...

Annie! This is fantastic!! Congratulations! I hope you are feeling well.

Just a thought... said...

Congratulations Annie! I am so excited for you.