Friday, April 5, 2013

Morro Bay & Hearst Castle

We did a little traveling on Saturday with Jane and Jim.  We stopped at Morro Bay for lunch.  Then Jane, Jim, Savannah and I went to the Hearst Castle while Alex and the boys played at the beach. 

The castle tour wasn't super impressive, but I enjoyed it.  The history of its construction and use is interesting.  It was primarily used by Hollywood and political elites.  (Check it out on Wikipedia.)  I thought it was a little expensive for what we saw, but I enjoyed just doing something WITHOUT THE BOYS.  We did the Grand Rooms Tour.  Savannah slept in the carrier nearly the entire time we were there.  



This dining room was the inspiration for the mess hall in the Harry Potter movies. 

The pools were one of my favorite things - it would be fun to swim in them!
  
I really LOVED all the flowers on the grounds.  So pretty.


We had dinner at Marie Callendar's.  We didn't realize it beforehand, but kids eat free on Saturday (with an adult entree)!  Worked out perfect - the boys got their meals free, which included a slice of pie.  Sweet!

No comments: