Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Mother's Day Part 1

On the first Wednesday in May, the priests quorum did a dinner and dessert for their moms.  They did a similar thing last year (except due to Covid we didn't do the dinner and just took dessert home).  This year was a full dinner with salad, chicken, grilled veggies, and chocolate cake.  I loved the food, but my favorite part was the speeches given by each of the boys about their moms.  I got to listen to TWO speeches about me.  I was touched by all the tributes.  Nathan and Jared both talked about me being there for all their games and races.  Jared had calculated how many hours I spent driving to his track meets for only a short amount of race time.  I don't remember his estimate, but for just the track meets, it would have been somewhere near 15 hours of driving time for about 32 total minutes of race time.  I did spend a ton of time this year driving to basketball games and cross country and track meets.  I don't like to miss their events.

Savannah and Weston gave me some Mother's Day gifts they'd made at school right before I left for TX.  Owen made a touching video compilation of photos, music, and thoughts about me from Alex and each of the kids.  He did a good job on it.  When I returned from TX, Owen and Alex made breakfast for me and I opened some other gifts. 









Owen's original video is too big to post, but here are the individual clips. 





No comments: