Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Mother's Day Part 3

On the Friday before Mother's Day I flew to TX for the weekend.  I got in about 10:30pm.  We spent most of Saturday at soccer games.  We went to Hailey, Jaden, Noah, Mason, Luke, and Hazel's games.  It was really hot all day - in the 90's.  Jaden scored a goal in his game, and Hazel scored about 3 goals in her game.  We were watching games from about 8:00am-2:30pm.  We had dinner at What-a-Burger on Saturday evening, and then we hung out at Audrey and Sam's after dinner.  

On Sunday, we went to Daniel and Ashley's ward for sacrament meeting to listen to Ashley's talk.  She talked about the Savior and lemon bars.  She did a great job!  Alison and Micah and family were there that weekend too.  It was actually a surprise trip - Ashley and Audrey didn't know that Alison and I were coming.  Anyway, we went to my mom and dad's ward after sacrament meeting and stayed for the 2 hours of their church.  They had a great dessert buffet for the moms during the 2nd hour.  The primary kids sang a song as well.  

After church, I hung out at Ashley's house for a little bit, getting to meet their new puppy.  We did dinner and celebrated Ashley's birthday back at Mom and Dad's house.  It was hilarious when Ashley was trying to do the confetti popper!

On Monday, Mom, Audrey, Alison, Ashley, and I got to go out for lunch.  We went near the Riverwalk to a place called "Down on Grayson".  We also wandered around the Hotel Emma.  Fun outing!  I headed out on Monday evening.  It was a quick, but much needed, trip for me - so great to spend the weekend with my parents and all my sisters! 








 

No comments: