Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Christmas festivities

We went to an awesome Christmas party at church, which was Grinch-themed.  There were crafts, a visit with Santa, dinner and dessert, a video presentation of the kids and youth talking about the Grinch and the true meaning of Christmas, and the primary children doing the Nativity and singing.  Savannah got to play the part of Mary.  It was a great night!  

I made about 4 dozen cookies and 2 potato casseroles for the Christmas party.  Then I made about 3 dozen sugar cookies for the young women and some for Owen to deliver to some members of the Teachers Quorum.  A funny side story to the cookies Owen was supposed to deliver - we had taken them with us to church and he left them in the kitchen.  After church we had choir and then Owen and some of the other young men were supposed to make their cookie deliveries.  Others had brought some cookies and a plate of cupcakes as well.  When they went to get them, they couldn't find them; they were gone.  We couldn't believe someone would take the treats!  Then I had the thought that maybe someone thought they had been leftover from the Christmas party (even though it was a full week before) and gave them away or threw them out.  I didn't find out until later that afternoon about the mysterious "cookie thief", but I messaged the Relief Society president, just wondering if she or someone else had done something with any treats in the kitchen.  (The boys did say they saw some kids eating cupcakes after church.) She said one of the other ladies thought they were leftover from the party and had taken them.  It was too late to try to get them for their deliveries - the young men leader had some "back-up" store bought cookies they'd already delivered.  I didn't ever contact the lady who took the treats, but at least we know it wasn't kids or some random person that took the treats.  Hope they enjoyed those cookies and cupcakes! 😏

For school and seminary teachers, activity day leaders, and my fellow young women leaders, I made a peppermint sugar scrub - they turned out pretty cute.  The guy leaders at church got a little box of chocolates.  For friends and neighbors, I made Hershey's peppermint cookies.  I ended up making over 520 cookies to deliver, and there were more people who I wanted to deliver to - just ran out of time, energy and ingredients.  We are grateful to have so many people involved in our lives.  I think I made a little over 600 cookies this year including the friend, party and sugar cookies! 












No comments: