Thursday, January 5, 2023

Halloween festivities

We went to the pumpkin patch a couple of times.  The first was for a short time just before it closed in the evening, as part of a youth activity.  Since Savannah didn't get a chance to do anything except pick out a pumpkin, I took her again another day.  We got to do the hay ride, maze, sit on the tractor, and see the animals.  The kids carved the pumpkins (this time without my help) the day before Halloween (the pumpkins mold fast).  We didn't do much work on costumes this year.  Owen was a cowboy (he wore the same thing for his music performance), Jared put together a pirate costume (he needed one for a dance), Savannah was Cinderella (I bought her costume this year), and Weston was an Oreo.  The only costume I made was the Oreo.  You can't see it well in the pictures, but he also wore Oreo socks.  I think I'm about done with costumes and trick or treating (and most of Halloween).  It's not my favorite.  I did make something semi-festive for Halloween dinner, with a spiderweb dip, mummy dogs, quesadillas, and chocolate shakes in festive cups.  It was just 5 of us, since Owen was at his friend RJ's Halloween party.

Savannah and Weston had their Halloween parade at school.  I guess I have 2 more years of that for Savannah.  She still likes trick-or-treating, so Jared was a good sport and took her around. We went to the church trunk-or-treat and enjoyed a nice chili dinner (I contributed chili), some games for the kids, and handing out candy.  I decided to open up our trunk this year and at least put up a dollar store Halloween sign.  It wasn't much, but better than standing behind our closed trunk handing out the candy.  I just can't seem to get excited about spending the time to decorate our trunk which will be used for 30 minutes and then thrown out... maybe if I already had Halloween decorations at home, then I could pop those in the trunk.  Anyway, we do still show up at the activities and support them.  I made a decorative cover for our corn hole game for use for the games.  It turned out pretty cute.

We made it through another Halloween! 












No comments: