Sunday, September 7, 2008

routine charts



Since Nathan started Pre-K, we've obviously been forced to a set schedule in the morning. It was a little stressful trying to get out the door. I was constantly nagging them to do this and do that and hurry up...

I was thinking about what to do about that, and I remembered that Melissa J. had made a morning chart for her little girl. I decided to try that out and made a morning routine chart and a bedtime chart. Nathan and Jared both have their own charts. It's worked well so far. The boys are excited about putting on their suns or stars and they can see what to do next and what they still need to do. I even got them making their beds in the morning - we hadn't done that before. And Nathan says an individual prayer in the morning, as well as us saying a family prayer.

I was going to use generic pictures, but then thought it would be easier and more fun for the boys if I used pictures of them. They were great posers...

The bedtime routine still isn't perfect- when they're done, they still stall and try to stay up, but at least we get through everything. Then it's just a matter of them actually staying in bed and falling asleep.

11 comments:

The Purtle's said...

what a great idea! I will definitely have to remember that....

Mamapierce said...

That's a great idea! You've got me thinking about it for Anna. :o)

Debora said...

Cute idea-especially using pics. of the boys. I'll have to share that with some women here. And maybe do something similar for nursery.

Melissa said...

The charts turned out really cute. I think it was a great idea to use pics of them.

Dina said...

Sooo Cute! What a GREAT idea!

Dirk and Trish said...

Super cute! Is it magnetic so they reuse the suns and stars each day as a checklist/sticker concept? I have been thinking of that as much for my benefit as my daughter's. We did a summer reading program and she was always happy to remind mommy we needed to read so she could color a bug on the chart.

Coty said...

love it.

Catherine said...

hey love the idea! Do you just take the stickers off every morning ( and night)...
Also... I need to get the institute assignment from you... My kids are sick ... Again... Yuck!

Melissa said...

That is SO adorable!! You are so creative- I love the personal pics of the boys too.

Melissa said...

Awesome! It looks really good! Thanks for the idea.

Jess said...

I luv luv LUV your idea Because I have been looking for a cute chart catered that I can customize online or something like that but your idea is way cute!!! great idea!