Sunday, September 7, 2008

sing, sing, sing

I forgot how much I love singing. I was asked to sing in a group for a musical number for stake conference this weekend. There were 4 of us - 2 sopranos and 2 altos. I really enjoyed it. We sang "Savior," by Melanie & Roger Hoffman. I will admit I was a little nervous right before, but when I got up there, I was fine. I guess we did well; we got a lot of compliments on it. And it was fun singing with 3 other young ladies who I admire and respect. All 3 of them are young moms and we go to playgroup and a scripture study class together. And these particular ladies just radiate happiness. I'm glad they asked me to sing with them.

I actually didn't realize quite what I'd gotten into when I said I'd sing. One of the ladies, Jamie, called me early last week, and I thought she asked if I was afraid to sing in large groups. I wasn't hesitant at all to say I wasn't. Who is afraid to sing in a large group? After the first practice, I realized she must have asked if I was afraid to sing in FRONT OF large groups. Maybe it was a good thing I misunderstood...I'm ready to sing again.

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Good for you for singing! That's great! I've never heard of that piece before - where did you find it?

Melissa said...

I love to sing with other people. I really miss singing in the Hermann Park Ward choir too.

Annie said...

I didn't find the song, but it looks like you could go to www.hoffmanhouse.com. It says you may copy and use the song for non-commercial purposes.

Melissa said...

It was so fun to sing that song and you fit in perfectly!