Sunday, August 8, 2010

survival mode?


I had to laugh at myself when I realized we were letting Weston do 3 of the things we said we wouldn't do: Weston is sleeping in our bed, on his tummy, with a pacifier. I was trying to avoid all those things. What's going on around here? I guess just survival. This 4th kid sure is getting spoiled.













We had a rough day... Owen wasn't feeling well and just wanted to be held. I might as well have had twins, trying to hold both Owen and Weston. But... when a package from grandma arrived in the mail with new cars, suddenly he was feeling much better (for about 30 minutes at least...) Thanks Papa John and Grandma!

7 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

It is not funny all the things I "wasn't going to do" that seems to get done...definitely survival mode! :)

Carrie said...

Today at church we sat in front of a family of four. They were kind of loud and pretty distracting for Nicholas. I saw the father later today and he said "well, by the fourth kid, I just don't care as much." While we don't have four kids, some days we don't care as much either with just one kid. You do what you can do when you can.

Debora said...

I am kind of surprised that you posted that- after our conversations lately. You can blame everything on your mother !!!:):)

Jessica McKay said...

Luckily fourth kiddos are very adaptable! My biggest dilema is when I get to church each Sunday: how do I get a sleeping 2-year-old and a 10-month-old from the parking garage into church? I might just pull out the stroller next time. I didn't drop either kid yesterday, but dang I'm not strong enough to carry two kids and my church bags alone.

Gardners said...

Funny! Yes, once you have a little more experience, you realize that some things don't matter as much as you thought they might. But hey, if it makes you feel any better, we didn't plan on doing any of those things, either, but our FIRST one did all of them! :) I'm happy to report that she's 14 and there were no lasting side effects!

whitney said...

Thank heavens for packages from grandparents. They make the world go 'round!

The Purtle's said...

you crack me up...the funny thing is that the "experts" will probably change their minds anyway on what is good/bad...so give yourself 20 years,and you're probably doing everything perfectly!! :)